For the next month or so I will be posting my Get Healthy recipe series. This recipe incorporates kale, shredded golden beets and mashed avocado with a splash of apple cider vinegar and a sprinkle of cilantro. I paired it with a tall glass of water and lime. This recipe serves one. So healthy with 7.7 grams of protein plus calcium, iron and potassium. It’s delicious!
1 cup chopped kale
1/4 cup shredded shredded, raw, golden beet
1/4 cup tofu, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup avocado, mashed
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the tofu and brown on both sides.
- Add the kale and cook until wilted.
- Place the tofu and kale in a salad bow.
- Sprinkle on the apple cider vinegar and give a quick stir.
- Add shredded beets and top with avocado.
- Salt and pepper to taste.