It’s Saturday and time to clean out the refrigerator before I head off to the market. As I scan the vegetable bin, I see I have some carrots, bok choy, kale, celery and onion that need a home. I cleaned and chopped the vegetables, added some garlic, spices, vegetable broth, cooked for an hour and served. Very tasty with a big bonus of healthy.
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
2 cups vegetable broth
3 carrots, sliced
3 celery stalks, sliced
1/3 cup bok choy, chopped
1/2 cup kale, chopped
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- Add the olive oil to a dutch oven. Cook on medium heat.
- Add the garlic and the onion. Saute until tender.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, broth and herbs.
- Simmer on low until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with crusty bread or crackers.