These delectable, savory cups are inspired by a recipe that first appeared in Marlene Sorosky’s Cookery for Entertaining. With a focus upon adding more vegetables to everything I make and modifying for gluten-free, here’s my version.
4 tablespoons butter
5 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/3 cup small-curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/4 cup chopped, fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- Melt butter in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl.
- Mix beaten eggs, feta cheese and cottage cheese together.
- Toss the tomatoes in olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast the tomatoes for 15 minutes and then puree in a food processor.
- Fold the tomatoes and the basil into the egg and cheese mixture.
- Add cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Grease mini-cupcake tins with butter and then add the balance of the butter to the egg mixture.
- Spoon the egg and cheese mixture into cups filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the tops start to brown and the egg is set.