Salmon is easy to prepare for two or a crowd. My Tarragon Salmon is a weekly go to; we can’t get enough of it. Make more than you need and use the extra to “Quick Start” Salmon Salad or Salmon Cakes. One serving of salmon has 235 nutritious calories with iron, potassium and healthy, omega-3 fats.
A few months ago, I hosted an impromptu dinner party featuring the Tarragon Salmon along with Chicken Pot Pie and Roasted Root Vegetables. It was lovely and my guests never left the buffet table.
The next day, I had just enough leftover salmon to prepare Salmon Cakes with Steamed Green Beans and a Roasted Potato Medley. Remember, plan ahead for leftovers!
Parchment paper makes for easy cleanup and here’s my favorite casserole dish from Le Creuset. The design and craftsmanship offered by Le Creuset makes for even heating and I find these are easier to clean than other casseroles.
- 1 pound salmon, cut into two fillets.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Line a casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon fillets on the paper.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle tarragon, onion powder and garlic powder evenly across the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the salmon starts to flake.
- Remove from oven, salt and pepper to taste.