Shrimp Scampi with its luscious garlic butter sauce is one of my go-to favorites. Rather than pasta I often use Zucchini spirals. A few years ago I grew zucchini in my cottage garden and of course ended up with an abundance. I couldn’t give them away fast enough. I made zucchini bread, zucchini fritters, grilled zucchini, put zucchini in soup; the scampi was the best.
One important tip, when zucchini cooks it produces liquid. This recipe may seem to have less white wine than the traditional recipe, that is by design.
1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups raw, spiralized zucchini
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon parsley
2 tablespoons butter
- Coat a skillet with olive oil and saute shrimp in a skillet until they just start to turn pink.
- Add the minced garlic to the shrimp and stir for a minute.
- Remove the shrimp and garlic from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the zucchini to the pan and cook until just tender. Mix in the butter, lemon and white wine.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan with the zucchini. Sprinkle on parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Give the ingredients one final stir and serve.