Roasted Salmon last night turned into Salmon with steamed bok choy and snow peas today. The combination is healthy and tastes magical. This was quick and easy to prepare. I had just enough bok choy and snow peas left over from my Chicken Pho.
Bok Choy is also known as chinese cabbage. It has a mild, distinctive flavor that combines well with other vegetables, sauces and noodles. For this dish, I steamed the bok choy and snow peas in some chicken stock until they turned bright green with a fresh, crunchy bite.
I layered the vegetables on a plate and then shredded the salmon before gently placing on top of the veggies. A bit of salt and pepper and some chopped cilantro made this delicious.
This recipe served just me.
2 ounces baked salmon fillet
5 leaves baby bok choy
8 snow peas
1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
Cilantro sprigs, roughly chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring the chicken broth to boil in a saucepan and return heat.
- Add the bok choy and the snow peas. Cover and cook until bright green. Do not over cook. This only takes a minute or two.
- Remove the vegetables from the saucepan and place on a serving plate.
- Gently flake the salmon and add to the veggies.
- Sprinkle on chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.