Salmon is the star of this salad show. It’s so easy to prepare since it can be quick-started by using the extra salmon from the Creamed Salmon with Peas recipe. Capers and lemon juice help to create a refreshing, light taste. If you are using juice from a fresh lemon, add some lemon zest. Serve with lettuce or baguettes. This recipe serves two or one very hungry salmon lover.
1 cup baked, flaked salmon
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1 tablespoon capers
1 tablespoon red onion, minced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice plus lemon zest
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Combine the mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth.
- Gently mix the flaked salmon, celery, red onion and capers.
- Fold in the mayonnaise being careful not to over mix. Ideally, the salmon retains some of its flaky structure.
- Sprinkle on some parsley and some lemon zest.
- Serve with lettuce or baguette slices.