Salmon, crab or cod are all excellent choices for fish cakes. This recipe is quick started by using the extra salmon baked as part of the Creamed Salmon with Peas recipe. A suggested side is roasted potatoes and green beans.
3/4 pound cooked salmon
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
2 tablespoons red bell pepper, minced
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Flake the salmon into small pieces.
- Coat a skillet with olive oil.
- Combine all remaining ingredients. All ingredients should be equally distributed throughout. Form two patties. The patties should be firm enough to hold their shape. If additional liquid is needed, add more of the egg. If additional dry ingredients are needed, add more bread crumbs. Use can also use gluten-free bread crumbs.
- Fry until brown on each side and warmed through.
- Serve with tartar or cocktail sauce.