In the fall, there is an abundance of squash varieties available to savor and enjoy. You have zucchini, butternut, acorn, pattypan and a recent find for me, delicata. Delicata has a delicate rind and a mild sugary flavor, and is loaded with beta-carotene and vitamin C.
Here’s a super simple way to prepare this colorful squash. Cooks quickly and there is no need to peel!
|2||Delicata squash, sliced|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
- Rinse the exterior of the squash.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- To prepare squash, slice off the ends and then slice the squash lengthwise into two halves. Scoop out the seeds. You can save and dry the seeds to either roast and eat or use to plant additional squash in your garden!
- Slice squash into 1/3 inch semi circle sections.
- Coat a shallow baking sheet with olive oil.
- Spread the squash flat side down on the sheet and brush with additional olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip each piece over. Bake for another 15.
- Salt and pepper to taste.