A quick, easy, nutritious anytime meal providing a good balance of protein, vitamins and dairy. If you think you don’t like kale, you should at least give this a try as we sashay into the New Year. This could be a New Year’s resolution to begin to break the bacon and egg habit in favor of a more health conscious option.
This recipe serves two and is very satisfying!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup kale, stems removed and chopped
1/4 cup sliced, raw asparagus
1/4 cup diced, raw zucchini
4 eggs, scrambled
1 teaspoon water
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place olive oil in a saute pan, large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Saute asparagus and zucchini until just tender.
- Add chopped kale to the pan and saute until wilted.
- Scramble eggs with the teaspoon of water until fully blended.
- Pour eggs over vegetables and fold regularly as the eggs start to cook.
- When the eggs are firm, add the cheese and herbs and gently fold.
- Serve and enjoy.