There are precious greeting cards that I save in a tin box. They are the ones from my children, husband and other special friends and family where handwritten sentiments are included. As I am a consummate declutterer and conscientious recycler, I’ve turned to making my own gift tags by repurposing greeting cards. Here’s how you can do this too.
Tools and supplies:
- Scissors or a tabletop paper trimmer
- A one hole punch
- A roll of twine
- Evaluate the greeting card for components that would look nice cropped.
- Double check the back of the section to make sure it is plain and free of writing or typeset.
- Crop the card with scissors or the paper trimmer.
- Once the card is cropped, use the hole punch to perforate one corner or end of the new tag.
- Clip a six inch piece of twine, fold in half and thread the folded part through the hole. Poke the cut ends through the folded half to secure to the gift card.