A frittata is made with vegetables smothered in a creamy egg and cheese custard. Unlike quiche, there is no crust so it’s a good gluten free choice. This recipe takes advantage of the extra asparagus prepared as a side to the Tarragon Salmon or the Kale Scramble.
There are some equally tasty ingredients that would well in this recipe. Substitute coconut creamer for the milk and vegan cheese for the swiss cheese and of course, any leftover vegetables would work in place of the asparagus.
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup sliced asparagus
1/4 cup chopped, swiss cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon minced herbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 6” x 4” casserole with butter.
- Gently beat eggs with milk until yolks and whites are just mixed.
- Stir in asparagus, herbs and half the cheese.
- Pour mixture into casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese on the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and cooked through.
- Cool before cutting.